Address: 25 Van Ness Avenue, San Francisco, CA
Bliss & Faville
About the Building
Arched windows and entry give a Romanesque flavor to this grand Civic Center structure by Bliss & Faville.
The design for this fraternal hall provided for all the varied functions of the organization:
- an auditorium on the first floor
- lodge rooms (with parlors and two lunch rooms) on the second floor
- a commandery, with reception room, banqueting room, kitchen, and lodge room on the third floor
- a library, a social hall, and offices on the mezzanine level
- a drill hall and a kitchen in the basement
Today, it houses several San Francisco government offices (including the San Francisco Arts Commission and the San Francisco Ethics Commission) and the New Conservatory Theatre.